12 Gifts for Kids Who Like to Code
- Robot Wars Coding Game. A fun and educational game with no prior coding skills needed. Talk about a great way to introduce a child to the love of coding!
- Code Car Toy for Ages 8-12. Awaken their curiosity and creativity with this fun coding gift. What child wouldn’t love working on a computer that is shaped like a car?
- LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox. With over 800 different pieces to build multiple models, this gift is sure to be a hit for many hours and days in the future!
- Coding in Scratch Games Workbook. Looking for a fun and interactive workbook that works seamlessly with your computer? This is the workbook that you’ve been waiting for.
- Robot Turtles Board Game. It’s never too early to start teaching children how to code. With this fun board game for preschoolers, they’ll have fun playing and learning at the same time.
- Think and Learn Code-a-pillar. A great toy that teaches basic coding skills along with sequence skills as well. The younger they can start learning how to code, the better!
There is a coding gift for kids of all ages.
- Kano Computer Kit. Have a child in mind who is interested in everything computers? Why not give them the gift of being able to build their own computer? Talk about a great gift that they’ll love and use every single day.
- I’d Rather Be Coding t-shirt. Let them wear their thoughts on their shirt with this funny and cute gift. They’ll be proud to show this off to all their family and friends.
- Sphero SPRK + STEAM Educational Robot. Simple to use and easy to learn, this robot helps with programming, coding and other STEAM activities as well.
- Coderbunnyz. Not only is this a great coding gift for kids, but it’s an awesome board game for families to play together as well. Hours of fun and laughter will be had by all when playing this fun and addictive board game.
- Piper Computer Kit. Minecraft plus coding? Yes, please. Any child would be ecstatic to receive this as a gift!
- Eat. Sleep. Code. Waterbottle. Everyone needs to stay hydrated, right? Why not give a fun and unique gift that they can use each and every day?
There’s so much more…
While the above suggestions are great gift ideas for kids who like to code, there are so many other options out there as well. Think broad when determining what other gift options that a child would like. There are books, games, clothing, pictures, etc. that all revolve around coding. The more you research, the more you’ll find. No matter what you choose to gift the kid in your life with, as long as it deals with coding they’ll love it!
One last thing…
Keep in mind that while giving a gift is fun, the focus of the gift is to help children learn how to code. Make certain that you do your research to purchase the best option available. Not all coding games and programs are created equally. Some are targeted more towards younger kids while others work better for those that have been coding for many years. The great part about many of the games that are out there is that they can be tailored to the skill level of the child playing. You’ll be amazed by the amount of coding information that you can learn too, just by researching as well. Take your time and choose wisely. There are so many great choices out there that you may find it’s hard to choose just one!